U.S. And British Wounded Evactuated To Hospital Ship HMS Leinster, Anzio, Italy - Native USO Farewell Show In Honor Of Cdr. Curley, USN, Tongatabu Island, 1944
Naval Photographic Center film #1820. National Archives description: "1) MLS Wounded being brought aboard ship in stretchers.
2) MLS Taken from LCT; stretcher patients in FG; HMS LEINSTER in BG. SV
3) MLS Ambulances coming down road to pier where LCT is tied up.
4) HA MS Looking down on stretcher cases being brought aboard LCT.
5) MS Officer directing loading of stretcher on LCT.SV
6) HA MS Dead soldiers lying on the side of road; bodies being put on stretchers by Corpsmen. SV
7) MS Military personnel applauding.
8) MS TITLE: FAREWELL SHOW FOR CDR. CURLEY - Tongan girls performing native dance; flood lights in FG. SV
9) MS Men doing native war dance. SV
10) MS Men and women doing malikas dance.
11) MS Native doing war dance. SV
12) LA MS Women natives dancing.
13) HA MLS Large group of people walking; group of natives in white uniforms marching; spectators.
14) HA MS Three women dressed in white walking.
15) MS Man on horse sitting under a tree."
National Archives Identifier: 76218
As always, any error or typo is mine and if you enjoy my uploads or if you intend to make $ or otherwise profit from these files, please consider making a donation to a veteran's charity of your choice and/or Archive.org itself. Thanks. :)